2. Scope of application
Augenzentrum ONO AG, based in Wallisellen, is responsible under data protection law for the data processing described in this data protection declaration, unless otherwise communicated in individual cases.
You can contact us as follows for your data protection concerns and to exercise your rights (see section 11):
Augenzentrum ONO AG | ono estetika Datenschutz
Neue Winterthurerstrasse 99
4. Personal data processed and collected
By using our websites and the forms on them and/or contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org, you transmit the following personal data to us in particular:
a) Activity and usage data
A range of general data and information is collected each time the website is accessed. This general data and information is stored in the server log files and may include the following information in particular:
- Information about the browser type and versions used;
- The user’s operating system;
- Website from which an accessing system reaches our website (so-called referrer);
- Sub-websites which are accessed via an accessing system on our websites;
- Language and country settings;
- location-related data;
- Date and time of access
- Internet protocol address (IP address);
- Internet service provider of the accessing system; and
- other similar data and information used for security purposes in the event of attacks on our IT infrastructure.
b) Communication data
By filling in our contact form (https://ono-estetika.com/de/kontakt/) or the appointment form ( https://ono-estetika.com/de/termin/ ) and contacting us by e-mail (email@example.com), you can provide us with the following personal data in particular:
- First name and surname
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Other contact details, such as address
- Other data (including any health data) resulting from your enquiry.
5. Purpose of the processing of personal data
We process your personal data for various purposes, which can be summarised in the following categories:
We store and process your personal data for the purpose for which you have voluntarily provided us with this data in connection with our service offerings, in particular for the following purposes:
- to arrange, organise and carry out the medical consultation or treatment you require;
- to select and organise the most suitable doctor and the best place of treatment for you;
- to respond to your specific enquiries and concerns submitted by e-mail or via the contact form.
We store personal data for the provision, administration and implementation of customer communication by post, telephone and electronic means of communication, in particular in order to:
- Provide you with any necessary information and instructions regarding your medical appointment or in the event of an emergency;
- Clarify any outstanding issues if the information you have provided electronically appears incomplete or unclear;
- To inform you of any last-minute postponements of appointments;
- To inform you about our range of services and events, e.g. in the form of a newsletter.
The use of our websites may be recorded and analysed (see also below under cookies and web analysis), in particular to enable us to improve our offers and, if necessary, to personalise them based on your interests. We use analysis tools to provide you with targeted information about products or services (see below). We may also link and analyse this data with other data from us, in particular for marketing purposes.
d) Statistic analyses
We create statistical analyses, in particular to:
- Optimise the content of our websites;
- Ensure the long-term functionality of our IT infrastructure and the technology of our websites
- Increase the data security of the IT infrastructure;
- Provide law enforcement authorities with the necessary information in the event of a cyber attack.
We may also process your data for marketing purposes and to maintain relationships, e.g. to send users of our websites personalised advertising about our products or services and those of third parties. This can be done by means of newsletters and other regular contacts electronically, by post, but also as part of individual marketing campaigns such as events. You can reject such contacts at any time or refuse or revoke your consent.
6. Transfer of your data and, if necessary, disclosure of personal data abroad
Augenzentrum ONO AG is part of a network of various ophthalmological centres mentioned on our website (see https://www.augenzentrum-ono.ch/die-zentren/) and beauty centres (under the Ono Estetika brand, see https://ono-estetika.com/de/) in Switzerland. In addition, we also operate the sub- website of ONO Optiker GmbH (https://www.augenzentrum-ono.ch/die-zentren/optiker-ono- weinfelden/), which is also part of our network (however, there is no exchange of health or treatment data with ONO Optiker GmbH in particular). Data may also be passed on for reasons of accounting, reporting, optimisation of IT services and operational processes and marketing.
We may also disclose your personal data to other third parties, e.g. contractual partners, in order to make use of technical or organisational services that we require to fulfil the aforementioned purposes or for our other business activities. Our service providers are contractually obliged to process personal data exclusively on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions. We also oblige our service providers to comply with technical and organisational measures that ensure the protection of personal data.
Such a transfer of personal data resulting from the use of our websites, their components and the social media presences operated by us takes place not only in Switzerland, but can also take place abroad, in exceptional cases in any country in the world. If the recipients are located in countries where the applicable laws do not provide for adequate protection of personal data, we will contractually oblige the respective recipient to comply with the applicable data protection law (we use the revised standard contractual clauses of the European Commission, which are available here: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/eli/dec_impl/2021/914/oj?, with adaptations to Swiss law where necessary), unless the recipient is already subject to a legally recognised set of rules to ensure data protection and we cannot rely on an exemption provision.
We may also disclose your personal data if we are obliged to do so in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations, in legal proceedings, at the request of the competent courts and authorities or due to other legal requirements, or if we consider it necessary to protect and defend our rights or property.
7. Links on other websites
Our websites may contain links to websites of other providers. We have no influence on these websites, their content, offers or availability or the data protection declarations and provisions applicable there. We therefore disclaim any liability.
8. Social Media-presence
We may operate pages and other online presences on social networks and other platforms operated by third parties (e.g. “fan pages”, “channels”, “profiles”, etc.) and collect the data about you described in Section 4 and below. We receive this data from you and the platforms when you come into contact with us via our online presence (e.g. when you communicate with us, comment on our content or visit our presences). The respective platforms also collect technical data, registration data, communication data, behavioural and preference data about you and at the same time evaluate your use of our online presences (e.g. what you view, comment on or share) and link this data with other data about you known to the platforms (e.g. about your behaviour and preferences). They also process this data for their own purposes and under their own responsibility, namely for marketing and market research purposes (e.g. personalised advertising) and to control the platforms.
We process this data for the purposes described in section 5, namely for communication, marketing purposes and market research. We may redistribute content that you publish yourself (e.g. comments) (e.g. in our advertising on the platform or elsewhere). We and the platform operators reserve the right to delete or restrict content in accordance with the usage guidelines.
For further information on the processing of the platform operators, please refer to the data protection information of the respective platform. This will also tell you where the respective platform processes your data, what rights you have as a data subject and how you can exercise them.
We currently use the following platforms:
9. Cookies and other tracking technologies and analysis tools
We use such technologies on our websites and allow certain third parties to do the same. Depending on the purpose for which we use these technologies, we will ask for your consent before using them. You can view and adjust your current settings at [link]. You can also set your browser to block certain of these tracking technologies or delete existing cookies.
For further information, please contact Google directly, in particular via the following links:
10. Integration of third-party services and content on our websites
We may also include other third-party content on our websites, e.g. plugins from service providers or social media providers. However, this requires that the providers of such content can see the IP addresses of the users. Without an IP address, they cannot send the content to your device. The IP address is therefore required to display this content. As soon as you activate and use these offers (e.g. by clicking a button), the corresponding providers can determine that you are on one of our websites. If you have an account with a social media provider whose services are integrated on our websites, they can assign this information to you and thus track your use of online services. These social media providers process this data on their own responsibility.
Certain third-party providers also require the disclosure of further data, including the name and e-mail address of the user, for extended use. Without the disclosure of this data, these external services cannot be used or can only be used to a limited extent.
We currently use offers from the following service providers:
- OneDoc: Our websites use the OneDoc AG service to book appointments. When using the appointment booking function, details of the page visited, the IP address of the visitor and the personal data entered (e.g. name, e-mail address, but also other details, including health data, which you can enter when making an appointment) are transmitted to a server of OneDoc AG and stored there. Augenzentrum Ono has no influence on this transfer of personal data.
- YouTube: We can embed videos from YouTube on our websites and make them available to you. When you call up such a video, your end device automatically connects to the YouTube servers, whereby cookies are set and certain data can be transferred directly to the YouTube servers. Some of your data may also be transmitted to the USA. YouTube is part of the Google Group. Google Ireland Limited is responsible for the operation of the YouTube platform for users from Europe.
- We also operate a YouTube channel. In this context, Google offers certain analysis functions that provide us with statistical data on users and interactions on our channel.
11. Safety measures
We take appropriate security measures to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal data, to protect it against unauthorised or unlawful processing and to counteract the risks of loss, unintentional modification, unwanted disclosure or unauthorised access. We require our external service providers to also take such security measures.
Please note, however, that such risks can never be completely ruled out. In the case of unencrypted transmission in an open network (e.g. when you send us messages or other information), data can be read, changed or destroyed by unauthorised third parties. Any transmission of data from or to one of our websites is therefore at the user’s own risk.
12. Ihre Rechte
You have the following rights in connection with our data processing in accordance with the applicable data protection law:
- You can request information from us as to whether and which of your data we are processing.
- You can request that we correct your personal data if it is incorrect.
- You have the right to request the deletion of personal data.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent if we process your personal data on the basis of your consent.
- You have the right to request further information that is required to exercise your rights.
Please note that the applicable data protection law may stipulate conditions, exceptions or restrictions for the aforementioned rights.
Augenzentrum ONO AG | ono estetika Datenschutz
Neue Winterthurerstrasse 99
We are obliged to verify your identity for such enquiries. Enquiries can therefore only be processed if you have enclosed suitable proof of identity (e.g. copy of identity card or similar).
Last change: 11 October 2023